Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Harry Potter

I'm *still* reading the biography of Walt Disney. It's slow-going, simply because that isn't typically my genre of choice. Still interesting, though! I just wanted to post a little clip from an article I read today. It actually refers to the movie series rather than the books, but I think it sums up quite nicely what I like so much about the books.

"This is the true wonder of the Potter series: How it expresses not simply the fantasy that in our time of need we might have magical miraculous powers but, rather, the real hope that in our time of need we might have the miracle of true friendship."


This theme definitely speaks to me, now more than ever. After everything I've been through in the last ten months, I've learned just how important true friendship is. I am SO blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment