Thursday, July 28, 2011

Book Club & English Tea Party

As I mentioned in my previous post, my book club just finished reading Daphne du Maurier's Rebecca.  We met tonight to discuss the novel, and in honor of the English setting, we decided to have a tea party.  I made a pie, Annie made scones, and Jill brought several different varieties of tea.  There were seven of us.  The talk was lively, the smell of the teas was heavenly, and the scones were delicious!  Tonight was SO much fun.  My house still bears the lingering scent of the teas and oh, I wish it would smell this way all the time!  We all had such fun that it seems the tea party is going to become a staple in our gatherings, and that makes me happy.
For next month, we're going to read Heaven Is For Real by Todd Burpo with Lynn Vincent.  For the month following that, we'll read Jane Eyre (which I have read previously and loved.)  Then for October, we'll read Agatha Christie's Murder on the Orient Express.  I've never read any of Agatha Christie's work, but having seen several of her Poirot mysteries performed for the BBC's "Masterpiece Mystery" television series, my interest has been piqued and I am very much looking forward to that read!

No comments:

Post a Comment