Monday, January 11, 2010

The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner's Dilemma by Trenton Lee Stewart

So, I actually finished this a month ago, at least. I immediately handed it over to my mom, though, and forgot to blog about it. Oops!



I love The Mysterious Benedict Society series. This, the third book, felt like an ending, but it made a nice little trilogy. The reading level is low, so kids can enjoy the story (these are actually marketed as children's books) but the story is delightful for an adult who just wants to escape life for a little while. This was a fun adventure, piloted by four brilliant kids. I won't say much other than that, at least for now, since I don't actually have the book in front of me. I WILL, however, highly recommend this series. It's sort of Harry Potter-esque, but without magic. Just brains and exceptional talents that are, for the most part, plausible (however rare). Pick 'em up sometime, either at a bookstore or the library! I sincerely doubt you'll regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment