Thursday, October 29, 2009

There's No Place Like Here

*source*


I'm definitely a fan of Cecelia Ahern! This one wasn't her best, but it was still quite good. The tagline on the back cover was what really drew me to this book: "Sometimes it takes losing everything to truly find yourself..."
I felt like I'd identify well with the lead character, and in a sense, I did, though my losses came in quite another manner from hers. This was a sort of modern-day Wizard of Oz, with references throughout the story. Sometimes, losing everything includes losing yourself, and in finding yourself, you find your way home again. And like I said...it's not her best book, but worth the read!
I find Ahern's writing to be absolutely delightful. She manages to instill real emotions without ever feeling too heavy. I think she's a gifted writer and I will most likely pick up everything she ever publishes. In fact, I bought another one today :-D



No comments:

Post a Comment